We are living in times where most of the things come to us pre-done. Making ravioli from scratch is not required any more. All you need to do is to visit your nearest super market and pick a packet of ravioli just like any other pasta packet! And that’s what I did, when I made ravioli pasta last week …
Ravioli – 100 gms
All purpose flour (Maida) – 2 Tbsp
Milk – 1 litre
Olive Oil – 1 Tbsp
Garlic – 3 flakes (finely chopped)
Frozen peas – 1/ 2 cup
Mushrooms – 1 cup (sliced)
Broccoli – 3/4 cup (florets)
Parsley – 3 tsp
Salt and pepper – to taste
Oregano – 2 tsp
Rosemary – 1-2 nos
Parmesan or Cheddar Cheese – as required
- Boil and drain ravioli pasta. Keep it aside
- Cook peas,broccoli and mushrooms in a vessel with a 2 tsp olive oil. Keep it aside.
- In a thick bottom vessel heat oil and add garlic. As you get the aroma add flour and fry for few seconds. Add more oil if required to nicely coat the flour
- Take off heat and add milk slowly with continuous stirring
- Keep stirring till the sauce starts sticking to the walls and becomes nearly thick
- Add the cooked vegetables and salt and pepper. Stir.
- Sprinkle finely chopped parsley
- Lay the ravioli pasta on your serving plates. Pour over top the prepared sauce and sprinkle grated cheese.
- Serve hot with garlic bread.
Till next time….happy cooking!
* you can also add meat of your choice like bacon, chicken etc to the sauce.