The measurement are for a 1/2 – 1 kg cake
Initial Spread : This is the basic spread to beging with any icing on the cake
- Cream 200 gms of butter
- Add 3 tbsp of icing sugar (heaped) little by little and cream well
Butter Icing (for piping)
- Keep adding icing sugar to the Initial spread (above) little by little while beating well.
- Stop once the butter looses its shine and form peals
Hard Butter Icing
- To Butter icing keep adding icing sugar till the time the icing forms a ball and leaves the sides of the bowl
- Approximately 600 gms of icing sugar will be required for 200 gms butter
Gelatine – 1 tsp
Water – 1 Tbsp
Icing sugar – 125 gms
- Dissolve gelatine in water and melt it over fire.
- Add icing sugar little by little and knead to a fine ball
Sugar – 225 gms
Hot water – 2-3 tbsp
- Beat water with icing sugar till it coats the spoon
Egg white – 1 no
Icing sugar – 225 gms
Lemon juice – 1tsp
- Beat egg whites lightly then gradually beat in half of the icing sugar.
- Beat until smooth and white.
- Continue till it forms soft peals
Gelatine – 1 and 1/4 tbsp
Liquid glucose – 1 and 1/2 tbsp
Water – 1/8 cup
Glycerine – 1 tsp
Icing sugar – 3 and 1/2 cups
- Soak gelatine
- Warm liquid glucose amd soaked gelatine in a double boiler
- Make a well in the icing sugar and pour the above the mixture into it
- Knead well into a pliable dough