Rich whipped cream topping with green kiwis on a super soft spongy cake. Kiwi White Forest is my favoritest (just coined to emphasize how much I love baking and eating this cake :)).
Now before you attempt baking this cake or for that matter any cake, if you donot have a weighing scale / measuring cups /spoons….please do get them first. Trust me it makes a lot of difference and worth your investment.
Plain sponge cake
Cherry syrup / sugar water – 1/4 cup
Rum – 1 tbsp
Kiwis – 3-4 nos
Rich whip topping – 200 gms
Sugar powder – 2 tbsp
- Cut the cake horizontally from the center with a serrated knife
- Keep the top half of the cake aside
- Mix the cherry syrup (from the cherry tin) and rum and put it in a sprayer
- Spray the base of the cake on all sides liberally
- Peel the kiwis and cut them in slice
- Beat the rich whip topping stiff (the cream should not move and should form peaks). Add sugar powder and beat again.
- Spread the cream over the base of the cake and line it with chopped kiwis
- Spray the 2nd or the top half of the cake with the sugar syrup mixture and place it on top of the base with kiwis
- Cover the whole cake liberally with the whipped cream on all sides
- Clean the plate with a tissue paper off any cream
- With an icing bag decorate your cake to your taste. I used the star nozzle for this cake (as you see in the picture)
- Decorate with more sliced Kiwis
- Cool in a refrigerator for atleast 15 minutes before using
Till next time…happy baking!