Garlic’s health benefits and medicinal properties have been long known. Its considered to be a natural antibiotic. However, it also said that most of its properties are killed while cooking. Since, I am not a big fan of consuming raw garlic and since I simply love cooking with garlic, I will stick to the latter option 🙂
Here’s another chicken variety for you..and cooked with yes…Garlic!!
Boneless and skinless chicken breast – 4 breast halves
Egg white – 1 No
Corn flour – 1 Tbsp
White wine – 1 Tbsp
Onions – 4 Nos (sliced thin)
Ginger – 1 tsp (minced or finely chopped)
Garlic – 2-3 tsp (minced)
Oil – 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
Spring onions – 1 No (finely chopped)
Dash of pepper
2 Tbsp soya sauce
2 Tbsp white wine
1 tsp red chilli paste
1 tsp corn flour
2 tsp sugar
2 tsp vinegar
1 Tbsp water
- Wash and clean chicken breasts and place them in the freezer for about 1-2 hrs or until very firm. Should not let it freeze
- Cut them into thin stripes
- Beat egg white along with the corn flour abd wine till corn flour completely dissolves
- Add chicken to this and coat all pieces and leave at room temperature for 30 minutes
- Heat oil in a wok and fry the chicken until it’s somewhat cooked.
- Remove chicken with a slotted spoon and in the same wok add onions, ginger and garlic and sauté well. They should not turn brown.
- Tip in the chicken back into the wok.
- Combine all sauce ingredients, mix well and add to the wok.
- Keep stirring and cooking till gravy thickens.
- Sprinkle a pinch of freshly ground pepper and spring onions.
- Serve hot with rice or noodles.
Till next time….happy cooking! 🙂
p.s>> waiting for your feedback!