Come mango season there is so much you can do besides eating fresh ripe mangoes. You can make varieties of pickle out of raw mango or you can make tangy fish curry…have a look!
Fish – 5-6 pieces (sardine)
Turmeric – 1 tsp
Chilli powder – 1 tsp
Onion – 2 nos medium (finely sliced)
Tomato – 1 big (finely chopped)
Ginger – ½ inch piece (finely chopped)
Green chilli – 2 nos (slit)
Raw mango – ½ portion of a medium sized mango. (should be really sour)
Desiccated coconut – 2 tbsp
Red chilli – 2-3 nos
Cumin seeds – 2 pinches
Oil – 1-2 tsp
Mustard seeds – ½ tsp
Red chilli – 1-2 nos
Onion – 1 small (finely chopped)
1. Clean fish and marinate with salt, ½ tsp chilli powder and 2 pinches of turmeric.
2. In a cooker add onions, tomato, ginger, green chillu, raw mango, remaining turmeric and chilli powder, half cup water and pressure cook upto 3-4 whistles.
3. Open cooker and add fish and leave it to boil. Remember fish takes less time to cook
4. Grind to a smooth paste desiccated coconut, red chilli, cumin seeds in a mixer. Add this paste to the boiling fish mixture.
1. In a small pan heat oil and add mustard seeds.
2. Post it splutters add red chilli, onions and let it brown
3. Add this to the cooked fish and add curry leaves.
4. Immediately close the lid to contain the aroma.
Serve with rice. If you need the curry to be a tangier you can add little tamarind juice!
Till tomorrow….. happy cooking!