This one dedicated to Meenu, our friend’s 7 year old daughter, who we have fondly named Princess pea! All she wishes for is to have peas for breakfast, lunch and dinner 🙂 Dry peas curry recipe is an easy recipe anybody can make. Try it out and do give me a feedback!
Dry peas – 1 cup
Onions – 2 nos medium sized
Garlic – 3 flakes
Ginger – 1 inch piece
Tomato – 2 nos
Cumin seeds – 1 tsp
Chilli powder – 1 tsp
Turmeric – ½ tsp
Dry mango powder (aamchur) – 1-2 tsp
Garam Masala – ½ tsp
Oil – 2 tbsp
Salt to taste
Coriander leaves – for garnish
1. Soak peas for 2-3 hours
2. Pressure cook the peas with a pinch of turmeric powder.
3. Grind to a fine paste – onions, garlic, ginger and tomato.
In a wok heat oil and add cumin seeds
4. Add the ground paste as soon as you get the aroma of the cumin and add all spices except Garam Masala
5. Fry till oil is visible.
6. Add the fried masala to cooked peas and bring to boil
7. Sprinkle garama masala and garnish with coriander.
8. Serve with rice or chappati (Indian bread)
You can also use fresh peas in place of dried ones except that pressure cooking the peas is not required.
Till tomorrow…. Happy cooking!