You can safely call this the healthiest dessert for we use apples and oats as 2 of our main ingredients. And unlike other recipes it doesn’t call for lot of work from you. Check out the recipe for Apple Crumble!
Apples – 4-5 nos
Oats – ¾ cup
Refined flour/maida – ¾ cup
Sugar – ¾ cup
Lemon juice – 5-6 drops
Cinnamon powder – 2-3 tsp
Butter – 50 gms
- Wash and deskin the apples. Cut them into thin slices
- Line the baking tray with the sliced apples
- Roughly sprinkle ½ tsp refined flour over it along with cinnamon powder and lemon juice
- In a separate bowl mix refined flour, oats, sugar and butter with hands till you get a crumbly texture.
- Spread this mixture over the apples and pat with hands
- Bake it at 180 degree C for about 30-40 minutes. No pre heating of oven required.
- Turn the mode to ‘Broil’ for next 10 minutes
- Serve warm Apple Crumble with ice cream of your choice.
Thanks to my friend Sarah Oulette who shared this recipe with me. Sarah it rocks!
Sarah is based in Canada following her dream towards running an organic farm… She is an info bank on how to and when to sow seeds, about plucking seasons, weeding etc etc etc!
Till next time….happy cooking!