Amberish aka “accidental cook” shares yet another of his favorite recipe of Kalakand or Indian Milk Cake
Cottage cheese (Paneer) – 250 gms
Sugar- 1/2 cup
Cardamom/almonds – 1 tbsp (crushed)
Ghee or unsalted butter – 2 tablespoons
Sliced pistachios for garnish
- Take a deep pan (non stick) and add 2 table spoon of ghee and heat it
- Add paneer (cottage cheese) crumpled into small pieces into the pan
- Add sugar and cardamom and keep stirring until the mixture starts coming together. This should take approximately 5 minutes
- Lower the heat to medium and cook for another 4-5 minutes until mixture changes to a slightly golden brown color
- Transfer mixture to the greased plate (with ghee) and press firmly into a square shape, approximately 1 inch high.
- Sprinkle sliced pistachios/almonds on top
- Let sit for at least an hour before slicing into individual pieces
thanks for the recipe! Amberish 🙂
till next time…. happy cooking!