Its a quick meal in itself, and the ingredients are such that one can ready them as convenient and store for later assembly! I find this salad healthy and light…a must try for everyone!
Spinach – 1 cup (washed and chopped fine)
Small red Beans – 3/4 cup (boiled and cooked with little salt)
Baguette/ Bread slice – 2 nos
Onion – 3-4 tbsp (thinly sliced)
Oil – 1 tbsp
Salt and Pepper for seasoning
Lemon juice – 2 tsp
- Dip the bread slice in a little water and squeeze out the water immediately
- To a pan add oil and heat
- Add the bread pieces and gently saute for few minutes
- Add spinach and baked red beans and stir
- Add the seasoning. Spinach has salt content so check before you add more salt
- Remove from the burner
- Add sliced onions and lemon juice & close the pan for few minutes so that the onions get roughly steamed
*If you want you can also add cooked rice to it. But since carbs are present in the form of bread I avoided it.
** You can also add scrambled eggs or cooked meat for variety
Till next time…. happy cooking!