I had two French girls visiting us recently, both interested to know how Chai (Indian Tea) was made. They even bought Indian Tea leaves so that they could try it out at home 🙂 This one is for you Jessica and Grace ….. Enjoy your Chai! 🙂
Well, different people might make their tea in different ways… This is how I like my tea… strong with a bit of ginger in it!
Tea : 1 tsp
Sugar – to taste
Ginger – 1/2 inch piece crushed (optional)
Milk – 1/4 cup
Water – 1/2 cup
- Boil water along with crushed ginger
- Add milk, tea and sugar
- Bring it to boil. Simmer the gas and let it stay for another 30 seconds
- Strain the tea and enjoy !
* you can also put cardamom along with ginger or minus the ginger in step 1
* if you put tea masala to the water…you get masala tea! … just a pinch or maximum 1/4 tsp would do!
till next time….. happy cooking