This simple paneer (Cottage cheese) recipe is made more nutritious with the addition of some cashew. Another delicious contribution by Manish…
Cashew 150-200 gms (ideal for 4-5 people)
Onions – 1/2 kg
Green Chili – 2 nos (or according to taste)
Tomato – 4-5 nos (medium size)
Capsicum – ½ no (chopped) ..optional
Paneer (Cottage cheese) – 200 – 250 gms
Ginger-garlic paste – 1 tbsp
Garam Masala – 1 tsp
Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
Coriander leaves – for garnish
- Grind onions (in a mixer) along with chillies( fry it with oil (as per the requirement ) for 5 mins on medium flame.
- Add turmeric powder and salt then keep frying for next 10 mins
- Add tomatoes (or 1 cup of tomato puree) and continue frying for next 5-7 mins
- Add garlic-ginger paste and garam masala (as per the taste buds) slurry into it while frying.
- Keep the burner on low flame and fry continue frying
- Add capsicum and continue frying until the mixture turns golden brown.
- Slowly add water and let the mixture boil on low flame. Allow some of the water to evaporate, to make the curry thicker.
- Fry the semi broken cashew in butter in a low flame till golden brown color .
- Cut cottage cheese into 1 sq inch pieces and fry it in butter ,not necessarily golden brown
- Garnish with coriander
- Serve hot with Indian bread
* make the curry thick for better taste
- Fry the cashew and cheese separately.
- Fry cottage cheese gently (other wise the cheese will break into small pieces) Cheese may stick to the pan but don’t worry keep frying at low flame with light hands.
- Fry in batches (take small quantity at a time ) –of both cottage cheese and cahsew
- And put the fried cottage cheese immediately into the curry otherwise the cheese will become hard to chew.
Manish is practicing banker who likes traveling , cooking , gardening and reading books, he holds a mechanical engineering degree and likes changing hobbies.