Cooking definitely is not rocket science. A bit of planning and a bit of organised approach and last but not the least some creativity and you are spot on 🙂
Coming up next on Akshayapatram is single’s special. I will bring to you few quick recipes and recipes shared by my guest contributors who are single and love cooking. Their recipes necessarily might not be quick cooking but a bit of planning on your part can ensure you have a decent meal everyday despite your busy schedules.
Here are few kitchen tips from my kitchen. These are few things I used to do when I was single and I still do when am a mom! A little bit of planning can reduce the time you spend in the kitchen. It really makes your life simple.
I take out some time out every weekend and stack my fridge with the some of the following (depending on what I plan to cook in the coming week)
- Boiled eggs (you can use it for sandwiches / salads / egg curry)
- Chopped veggies (as per my usage in next 5 days) and store it in air tight containers (use it up for salads or cook it as a main dish with your rice or Indian breads)
- Onion – tomato fried paste
- Boiled pasta (little quantity) …I love pastas and I end up using it for my salads too
- Sausages or Grilled chicken cubes (healthier option) …it’s quite handy for that quick sandwich when you are in a mood for a quick bite. Besides you can put it in your salad too!
- Sprouted moong ((use it up for salads or cook it as a main dish with your rice or Indian breads)
- Kneaded dough (coat it with oil and store it in an airtight container to avoid it getting black.)
- Boiled potatoes (for a quick sandwich or aloo paratha or salads)
Other things you can look at stacking your kitchen with are
- Salad Seasonings
- Salad Dressings (sometime I use them for my sandwiches!)
Have fun cooking! 🙂