Green gram dal (moong dhuli) – 1 cup
Jaggery – ¾ cup
Coconut milk – 100 ml
Coconut pieces – 1 tbsp
Cardamom powder – 1 tsp
Ghee (clarified butter) – 2 tbsp
Cashew and raisins – as required
- Fry the dal in a skillet till nice and brown. Keep it aside to cool. Then wash it with water.
- Cook the dal in a cooker (1 whistle only) or open fire.
- Add jaggery and mix well
- Check for sweetness. If you want it to be sweeter add more jaggery
- Add coconut milk and bring it to boil
- Add cardamom powder
- In a small pan heat ghee, and fry cashew, raisins and coconut pieces
- Tip it into simmering dal. Stir and serve.