Well, most of us are aware the medicinal properties of Garlic. Garlic is more or less an integral part of our daily food habits. As quoted by nature-cure-guide.com following are few of the health benefits of Garlic
Effective in the treatment of high cholesterol and other heart related problems; helps in secretions of digestive enzymes; Garlic works as natural antibiotic by curbing bacterial infection and its growth; helps in reducing infections on open and bleeding wounds and also promotes healing; it has been used since ages as natural de-wormer in children; also very beneficial to cancer patients as it inhibits growth of cancerous cell.
Toor / Arhar dal-1/4cup
Tamarind – small lemon sized (soaked in water- squeeze to get juice)
Turmeric – 2 pinches
Black pepper powder – 1 and 1/2 tsp
Cumin (Jeera) – 2 tsps
Salt to taste
For tempering (tadka)
Fenugreek seeds (methi) – 1/8 tsp
Mustard seeds -1/2 tsp
Dried red chilli – 2 nos
Curry leaves – ½ a sprig
Asafoetida -1/8 tsp
Tomato – 2 nos (medium sized)
Garlic flakes –around 10 nos
Ghee or oil – 2 tbsp
- Cook dal and separate the dal water.
- Chop tomato and garlic into small pieces.
- Heat pan and to it add oil
- Now add mustard, red chili, fenugreek seeds and garlic.
- Stir it and add tamarind water and boil till the raw smell of tamarind goes.
- Then add black pepper and powdered cumin seed, curry leaves, salt and cooked dal.
- Boil it for 3 seconds and finely add the dal water and again boil it.
- Once the rasam boils and rises up take off the flame and cover it tightly..
Till tomorrow…happy cooking!
Learn up on meal planning basics, recipes, balancing your nutritional requirement , food budget through video demonstrations, lectures etc..Join up for an ecourse today!