Homemade baby food recipes
High in Vitamin A sprouts are low on calories and very high on nutritional benefits. You can encourage your kids to have it in the form of healthy salad or make them some hot bean sprouts dosa!
Sprouted beans (moong) – 1 cup
Water – ¾ cup
Rice flour – 5 Tbsp
Salt to taste
- Grind to a fine paste bean sprouts along with water
- Add rice flour, salt and mix well
- Ensure the batter is devoid of any lumps. Add water if required to get a dropping consistency
- Leave the batter to stand for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat a non stick griddle (tawa) and pour in the centre of the griddle a ladle of batter and with help of the back of the ladle spread the batter evenly in circular motion.
- Drizzle little oil and allow it to cook
- The dosa automatically starts leaving sides when done on one side; turn it over and allow it to cook on the other side
- Fold and serve with sugar, jam, peanut butter or coconut chutney
*you can add fillings of your choice – boiled and seasoned vegetables; seasoned cottage cheese etc!
Till tomorrow….happy cooking!