Unlike the regular mint chutney this one is a bit different due to the usage of different dal. Try it out for a variation 🙂
Mint leaves – from 1 small bunch
Green chillies – 3 nos
Ginger – 1/2 inch piece
Tamarind – 1 marble sized portion
Urad (white) dal – 1 tsp
Chana (gram) dal – 1 tsp
Oil – 2tsps
Salt to taste
- In a pan heat oil and fry lightly both the dals. Add all other ingredients and fry
- Add salt
- Cool and grind it to a smooth paste in a blender
- Serve with snacks or as an accompaniment to the main meal.
- You can also add a sprig of curry leaves at the time of frying for a different flavor.
* a quick tip : fix a quick sandwich by spreading buuter and mint chutney on slice of bread, place cucumber/ onions / tomatoes and serve!
Till tomorrow …happy cooking!
Meet Jayalakshmi... contributor of this recipe