This is the recipe for a basic chocolate cake that can act as a base for other more exciting cakes like truffles etc :). Its absolutely yumm 🙂
Butter – 225 gms
Eggs – 4 nos
All purpose Flour (Refined flour) – 175 gms
Sugar powder – 250 gms
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Baking soda – 1 tsp
Vanilla essence – 1 and ½ tsp
Cocoa powder – 50 gms
Water – 1 cup OR ½ cup water and ½ cup curd (plain yogurt)*
- Cook 50 gms of cocoa in ½ cup water on direct heat and keep it aside to cool
- Take butter and sugar together in a bowl and using an electric beater beat them together in one direction.
- Combine flour, baking powder and soda and sieve once.
- To the sugar mixture add 1 and ½ tsp vanilla essence and beat. Now add eggs and beat. Add to it the cooled cocoa mixture and keep beating, Now add flour mixture and fold the cake gently and lightly. The consistency of the batter should not be too loose or too tight.
- Pour the batter into greased mould and level it by tapping the mould against the kitchen slab.
- Now with hands push the batter towards the mould wall on all sides. This is to ensure that the cake during baking process doesn’t swell up and crack from the center.
- Bake in a pre heated oven at 180 degree C for 25 minutes
- Serve as is or pour chocolate sauce, nuts and other cake decorating stuff over it.
*while using curd put ½ cup curd after you put cocoa in the batter…I always use curd since it adds to the flavor of the cake. So my suggestion would be to use curd!
Have fun baking and do leave me your feedback. I will be back with more exciting cake recipes soon.
Till next time….happy cooking!