Another recipe that Lucie gave me besides the chocolate muffin(check previous post for recipe) was Strawberry preserve. Fresh warm bread with home made preserve can be a divine combination 🙂
Strawberry – 1.5 kg
Sugar – 1.5 kg
- Cut strawberries and crush them nicely.
- Place them in a pan and boil it. Do not add any water
- Now add sugar and let it boil for another 10 minutes
- You will get a white layer on the top, carefully remove it.
- Pour the strawberry mixture in a glass container and keep the container upside down for next 2-3 days. Doing this helps sterilize the bottle with the heat of the preserve.
On the 4th day your strawberry preserve is ready to be consumed!
Hey! wasnt it cool? Home made fresh jams,preserves and marmalade are so much better and fresher! No preservatives and so great to taste.
Let me know if you liked it…yeh? I will wait for your feedback…I always do 🙂
Till next time….happy cooking!