Hi, I am back. Was off home and couldn’t get online. But I promise that in the coming few days I will bring to you some fine home recipes, that are simple and quick to make yet tastes great. Here’s one…
This blander version of poha is simple to make and tastes quite unique. It s prepared by most of the Keralites as breakfast. I like it and surely hope you do too 🙂
Flat rice – 3 cups
Mustard seeds – 2 tsp
Urad daal (white lentils) – 1 tsp
Dried red chilli – 2
Onions – 1 cup (finely chopped)
Green chilli – 2 (finely chopped)
Curry leaves – 1 sprig
Salt to taste
Oil – 2 tbsp
- Sprinkle water mixed with salt over the flat rice to sufficiently moist it.
- Add oil to skillet and let it warm
- Add mustard seeds and leave it to splutter. Now add white lentils and red chilli
- Add onions, curry leaves and green chilli. Sauté.
- Add curry leaves and stir
- Add moistened flat rice and stir well
- Add coconut shavings generously
- Serve hot pha or Avil upma with ripe bananas and sugar
Till tomorrow… happy cooking!